By Gary Cross
Read Online or Download Worktowners at Blackpool: Mass-Observation and Popular Leisure in the 1930s PDF
Best us travel books
Gary move publishes the findings of this principally forgotten research through the Mass-Observers who the yearly pilgrimage of labourers to Blackpool, hoping to find what attracted staff to this centre of Victorian culture.
Speedy Escapes From Philadephia takes the figure out of journey making plans and lines easy-to-follow, rigorously deliberate itineraries for 36- to 48-hour getaways from the metropolitan area.
Mad because the Mist and Snow is a traveler’s consultant to Oregon's such a lot celebrated and certain cemeteries. geared up into 18 areas and together with targeted riding instructions, this booklet profiles greater than two hundred cemeteries, together with such mythical cemeteries as Lone Fir, Jacksonville, and Willamette nationwide. even more than a go back and forth consultant, this ebook illustrates how cemeteries have developed and the way Oregon’s cemeteries are nonetheless evolving.
A good advisor to the heritage of japanese Pennsylvania and its environs. old Trails of jap Pennsylvania takes viewers via progressive struggle conflict websites; prior Civil conflict encampments websites; up and over historical, coal-rich mountain levels; via different historical past museums; and alongside again roads choked with old fashioned lined bridges and barns exhibiting hex symptoms.
- Buttrick's Voyages, Travels, and Discoveries, 1812-1819;
- The Good Neighbor Guidebook for Colorado: Necessary Information and Good Advice for Living in and Enjoying Today's Colorado
- Montana Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities & Offbeat Fun (Curiosities Series)
- Fun with the Family Southern California: Hundreds of Ideas for Day Trips with the Kids (Fun with the Family Series)
- Alabama Musicians: Musical Heritage from the Heart of Dixie
Extra info for Worktowners at Blackpool: Mass-Observation and Popular Leisure in the 1930s